COVID-19 Update July 12
- Total: 277 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 107 residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 1 new cases, 31 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- Good news and bad news in Salem today: The number of active cases went down by a net of another three, but one is a new infection.
- The number of recovered cases went down by 14. Salem’s active cases are a net -2 active cases, so 3 of the 14 were from Salem.
- Good news in NH: The number of new cases is still pretty stable, the positive cases are only 2.3% of all tests, and there were no new hospitalizations and no new deaths reported during the time frame covered by this update.
- Sad news today in NH: of 30 positive cases, six were children under the age of 18.
- According to Worldometer, the number of infections across the world has now passed 13 million. It seems like only yesterday that we reached 12 million, but it was way back to Tuesday.
- The number of new cases and deaths, globally and in the US, while staggering, are not as high as they were yesterday (Worldometer).
- With numbers being pretty stagnant in NH, it’s getting hard to find details to spotlight. And that, too, is a good thing!
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 31
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 30
- Children under 18 in new cases: 6
- Total positive cases in NH: 6,054
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 2.03%
- Active cases: 636
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 10.5%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 3
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,523
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 81%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,477
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 998
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,447
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 128,812
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 174
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 21,562
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today:167
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 114
- Total Recovered: 5,027
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 83.0%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 0
- Current: 22
- Total Hospitalized: 589
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 9.73%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 3.7%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 0
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 391
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.5%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
- If you are having trouble paying your rent or mortgage because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- Apply for the Self Employed Livelihood Fund (SELF) will be available starting Monday, July 6, 2020. – July 17, 2020. If you are self-employed, you may be eligible for this CARES Act grant, designed to help you recover some of your COVID-19 losses. Details are on the State’s website.
- Info about COVID-19 testing is compiled in one place on mywebsite.
- Complications of COVID-19 Survivors of all ages can be found on my website.
- Help for Salem residents is on my website.
- A list of COVID-19 Resources can be found on my website.
- An update of nearby communities can be found here.
- Institutional Outbreaks as of June 18 on my website.
We are living in challenging times. I have meetings every evening this coming week, so my reports will be late. We all need to try to stay positive. Watch out for others; are your friends and family doing ok? If things get you down, don’t be afraid to ask for help: Call the #SuicideAwareness hotline at 1-800-273-8255. Stay happy, stay healthy, stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
COVID-19 Deaths — It’s Different from the Flu
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: