COVID-19 Update July 9
- Total: 275 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 107 residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 43 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- I am happy to report that Salem has no new cases.
- The number of tests being performed remains low, but the positivity rate also remains less than 2%.
- No children were infected today in NH. There have been 22 kids under 18 that have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 8 days.
- There is no change in the number of active cases in Salem. Salem has 43 active cases; we have averaged 43 over the last three weeks.
- 12.5% of those who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in NH still have active infections.
- 81% of those who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in NH are now recovered.
- 10% of those who have been diagnosed have been hospitalized.
- 6.5% of those who are infected in NH have died.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 21
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 21
- Children under 18 in new cases: 0
- Total positive cases in NH: 5,973
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 1.48%
- Active cases: 755
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 12.6%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 9
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,505
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 82%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,423
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,043
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,402
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 125,078
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 214
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 20,931
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 187
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 14
- Total Recovered: 4,831
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 80.9%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 3
- Current: 24
- Total Hospitalized: 571
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 9.7%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 4.1%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 1
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 1
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 387
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.5%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
- If you are having trouble paying your rent or mortgage because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- Apply for the Self Employed Livelihood Fund (SELF) will be available starting Monday, July 6, 2020. – July 17, 2020. If you are self-employed, you may be eligible for this CARES Act grant, designed to help you recover some of your COVID-19 losses. Details are on the State’s website.
- Info about COVID-19 testing is compiled in one place on mywebsite.
- Complications of COVID-19 Survivors of all ages can be found on my website.
- Help for Salem residents is on my website.
- A list of COVID-19 Resources can be found on my website.
- An update of nearby communities can be found here.
- Institutional Outbreaks as of June 18 on my website.
I’m glad I live in NH. Unlike the rest of the country, our COVID-19 numbers continue to stay low, and Salem numbers continue to stay flat. I keep busy; because I don’t like to be bored. The one exception: I like these boring numbers that we are seeing these days. Let’s keep things nice and boring! Stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
COVID-19 Deaths — It’s Different from the Flu
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: