COVID-19 Update June 15
- Salem Total: 267 confirmed cases,
- 1 out of every 110 residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 57 active cases.
****** TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT ******
- Globally: 7,150,055 cases; 439,050 deaths
- US: 2,182,950 confirmed cases; 118,283 deaths.
- Another day with no new cases in Salem!
- Another day with more recovered cases than the number of active cases.
- Over 4,000 cases have been confirmed.
- No new deaths today!
- Globally, there ae more than 8 million people who have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- The number of current cases (984) is lower than we’ve seen in some time. (Ever?)
- Manchester now has over 1400 confirmed cases.
- *Yesterday, Nashua had dropped down to less than 50 current cases. Today, they had one new one, bringing their total back up to 50.
- COVID cases are up in at least 18 states.
- Model predicts more than 200,000 coronavirus deaths in USA by October. Let’s prove them wrong!
****** DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH ******
- New positive cases per DHHS: 27
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 27
- Children under 18 in new cases: 1
- Total positive cases in NH: 5,345
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 1.84%
- Active cases: 984
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 18.4%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 4
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,416
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 82%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,466
- Daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,461
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,439
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 93,528
****** OTHER TEST RESULTS ******
- New antibody tests: 112
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 16,080
- Daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 584
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
****** RECOVERED IN NH ******
- Announced today: 54
- Total: 4,041
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 75.6%
****** HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH ******
- New: 6
- Current: 69
- Total: 519
- Percentage of all confirmed cases that have been hospitalized: 10%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 13.3%
****** DEATHS IN NH ******
- Lives lost today: 0
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 320
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
****** Key points. Read details in the article below ******
Nothing! I was outside for two different meetings tonight, and I’m really beat. Lots of Vitamin D, but no time or energy to go looking for news tonight.
I’m just thankful that we have another day with good numbers overall. Keep up the good work, stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
Q: How much testing is NH doing in comparison to our neighboring states?
A: We aren’t doing enough tests!
Today’s COVID-19 Statistics:
Salem’s confirmed cases:
- May 19: 213; 118 active (The highest number of active cases.)
- May 20: 218; 116 active
- May 21: 220; 86 active
- May 22: 225; 77 active
- May 23: 227; 74 active
- May 24: 226???; 76 active
- May 25: 228; 67 active
- May 26: 235; 73 active
- May 27: 235; 68 active
- May 28: 239; 70 active
- May 29: 239; 68 active
- May 30: 241, 65 active
- May 31: 244; 68 active
- June 1: 245; 68 active
- June 2: 247; 66 active
- June 3: 256; 74 active
- June 4: 258; 75 active
- June 5: 263; 77 active
- June 6: 265; 79 active
- June 7: 265; 79 active
- June 8: 265; 79 active
- June 9: 265; 75 active
- June 10: 267; 77 active
- June 11: 268; 77 active
- June 12: 268; 59 active
- June 13: 267???, 58 active
- June 14: 268; 57 active
- June 15: 268; 57 active
Earlier dates for Salem have been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The weekly report has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-weekly-updates/. This is a summary of the info from NH DHHS; with more demographics than provided on a daily basis. They last updated this info on May 18.
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Today’s News Pertaining to COVID-19
The news has been very light lately, and I’m too tired to go looking for any. Hopefully, no news is good news.
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Sources used to create this report: