I was asked, “Just curious to know if you’re familiar with the seriousness of our water problem and what your idea for helping us correct that problem is.”
I believe we have two kinds of water concerns:
Both are of equal concern.
I have talked extensively about water quality at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/pfc/
I’ll expand a bit more: I’m concerned about what we are doing to our environment.
I look at what is happening in the world today, and see:
- Mental health issues are rampant. We have an escalating number of suicides, addictions including the growing opioid crisis, and mass shootings.
- Childbirth complications are up. We have increased infant and maternal mortality rates, as well as decreased fertility rates.
- Pediatric cancer rates have increased.
- We have a growing number of children diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Asperger’s and Autism Spectrum.
As these conditions have increased in our country more than in other places, it is hard not to notice other changes taking place here in the same time period:
- Genetically engineered ingredients have been introduced into our food supply, and are now found in much of our processed foods. There have been no independent, long-term safety studies.
- Our drinking water now contains PFC’s, antibiotics, hormones, pesticides and other chemicals.
- Beauty products and other items for use on our skin — our largest organ — contain harmful chemicals allowed in the United States but not Europe.
I suspect that someday we will find that there is a connection between all of the conditions listed above (and many others), and our exposure to increasingly more and more chemicals which are contaminating our air, our water, our soil, and ultimately, our own bodies.