COVID-19 Update August 25
- Total: 298 confirmed cases in Salem
- 1 out of every 99 Salem residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 10 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- No new Salem residents have been diagnosed with COVID-19 today!
- Out of 1,642 tests reported today, there were only 16 new confirmed cases today, with a positivity rate of 0.97%.
- With 34 more “recovered” cases, NH now has 237 active cases.
- While there are still 15 communities with more than 5 confirmed cases, some of the warmer spots — I’m not convinced there are any more hot spots at this time — have shifted a little. Active cases are: Nashua (14); Manchester (12); Brentwood and Derry (11 each); Salem and Concord (10 each); Bedford and Londonderry (8 each); Milford, Exeter, and Winchester (7 each); Merrimack (6); and Dover, Durham and Rindge (5 each).
- There were no new cases in Manchester, but Nashua added two new cases. Nashua now has more active cases than Manchester.
- There was one new hospitalization, bringing the total to 713, but the count of current patients hospitalized with COVID-19 is now 8.
- For the third day in a row, there were no new deaths in NH in the 24-hour period covered by this report.
- Globally, there are now over 24 million cases. 3.42% of those infected have died.
- 3.06% of those infected in the US have died.
- In Massachusetts, 7.09% of the people with COVID-19 have died.
- In NH, our fatality rate is 6.00% of those confirmed with COVID-19.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 16
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 16
- Children under 18 in new cases: 3
- Total positive cases in NH: 7,150
- Percentage of today’s tests that are positive: 0.97%
- Active cases: 237
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 3.3%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 4
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,775
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 80%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,642
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,695
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,626
- Total negative cases in NH: 192,721
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 64
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 29,322
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 77
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 34
- Total Recovered: 6,484
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 90.7%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 1
- Current: 8
- Total Hospitalized: 713
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 9.97%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 1.1%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 0
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 429
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.00%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
NH is doing a good job. Salem is doing well today, too. We should be proud of ourselves. Hopefully, this trend will continue; we have the potential of making this virus go away. Can we do it? While we wait to see, stay safe, and always, be kind!
How our numbers have changed over time
- Rent or mortgage assistance because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- COVID-19 testing: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-testing/
- Complications of COVID-19: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-consequences/
- COVID-19 is not the flu. Here are the numbers: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-pneumonia-flu/
- The Science Behind Masks: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/science-behind-masks/
- Unemployment resources: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/unemployed/
- Resources for Salem residents: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
- Safer at Home guidance documents on the State’s website.
- Other COVID resources from NH DHHS on the State’s website.
- Other COVID resources: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Sources used to create this report: