COVID-19 Update August 6 …….. The 125th Update!
- Total: 2XX confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 10X Salem residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: X new cases, X active cases.
• • • • • •TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT • • • • • •
- NH DHHS has not updated the map with the regional information, so I cannot tell how many new cases or active cases there are in Salem. The map on today’s report is identified as August 5.
- NH had another day with low numbers. There were 23 new cases, only 1,058 tests, and a 2.17% positivity rate.
- Massachusetts’ positivity rate is 2.33%
- Globally, the number of new cases has exceeded 19 Million, with 298,672 new cases today, according to WorldOmeter.
- I started tracking global numbers in late May. Today, at 7.634, the global death count is the highest since I started watching those numbers.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 25
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 23
- Children under 18 in new cases: 1
- Total positive cases in NH: 6,742
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 2.17%
- Active cases: 382
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 5.7%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 5
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,665
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 81%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,058
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,238
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,035
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 161,723
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 105
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 27,611
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 114
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 18
- Total Recovered: 5,941
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 88.1%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 1
- Current: 21
- Total Hospitalized: 699
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 10.37%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 3.0%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 1
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 1
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 419
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.2%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 1
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
These are trying times that we are living in. COVID-19 has affected many people in many ways. If you are struggling, don’t be ashamed to seek help. You are not alone.
If you are struggling with housing expenses because of COVID-19, it is not too late to apply for a grant here.
Food pantries are available for those who have food insecurity. Salem NH Farmers Market is helping families who receive SNAP benefits.
If you are struggling with feelings of isolation or depression, seek help. You might start with NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Health, which can be found here. They can be called on their 24-hour hotline at 1-800-950-6264.
If you, or someone you care about, is near the limit, call the #SuicideAwareness number at 1-800-273-8255.
There is more than one way to stay safe. Take advantage of the resources available to you. Please do what you need to do to protect you and your family. Please, in every way, stay safe, and always, be kind.
How our numbers have changed over time
- If you are having trouble paying your rent or mortgage because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- Info about COVID-19 testing is compiled in one place on my website.
- Complications of COVID-19 Survivors of all ages can be found on my website. [UPDATED to include the heart study mentioned above]
- Help for Salem residents is on my website.
- A list of COVID-19 Resources can be found on my website.
- An update of nearby communities can be found here.
- Institutional Outbreaks as of June 18 on my website.
- Resources from NH DHHS are on the State’s website.
- Guidance documents from the State are on the State’s website.
- COVID-19 is not the flu. Details on my website.
- The Science Behind Masks. Details on my website.
- Unemployment in the COVID era. Details on my website.
- Salem specific info can be found on my website.
- My accumulation of resources other resources are on my website.
Sources used to create this report: