COVID-19 Update July 2
- Salem: No new confirmed cases … again!
- Total: 268 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 110 residents has been infected.
Salem Today: 0 new cases, 41 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- Another day without any new cases in Salem! We have the same number of total COVID-19-positive cases today as we did 22 days ago.
- New NH COVID-19 cases remain very low, and the percent of positive cases is still low (1.06%), although the US is breaking records almost daily.
- Over 4,500 people in NH have recovered from COVID-19
- NH has lost 375 people to this disease; 250 were in Hillsborough County; almost 100 were Manchester residents.
- Middlesex County (MA) now has more than 24,000 confirmed cases.
- I have updated the breakdown by communities. That report can be found here.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 21
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 20
- Children under 18 in new cases: 0
- Total positive cases in NH: 5,822
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 1.06%
- Active cases: 939
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 16.1%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 3
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,479
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 82%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,880
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,060
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,860
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 116,365
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 325
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 19,808
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 559
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 17
- Total: 4,508
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 77.4%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 2
- Current: 31
- Total: 567
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 5.5%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 2
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 2
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 375
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.4%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
NH numbers are amongst the best in the nation. Can we keep it this way? We are about to start a major holiday. What will you be doing to protect those that you love safe and to keep our numbers low? Be careful out there! Take care of each other! Stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: