COVID-19 Update July 1
- Salem: No new confirmed cases … again!
- Total: 268 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 110 residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 41 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- Another day without any new cases in Salem! We have the same number of total COVID-19-positive cases today as we did 21 days ago.
- NH now has more than 5,800 confirmed cases.
- Over 32,000 tests have been submitted to the NH Public Health Lab for processing.
- NH hospitals have 32 patients with COVID-19. This is the same number that they had last Friday.
- The weekly update from Massachusetts has been provided. Methuen now has over 1,000 cases, an increase of 18 from last week. Haverhill has had 1,242 total confirmed cases, up 25 from last week. Lawrence has 38 new cases, totaling 3,553.
- Bedford NH has reached 3,000 cases.
- US has had a 75% jump in new cases from 2 weeks ago.
- Infected? Watch out for a contact tracing scam. Scammers pretending to be contact tracers are sending text messages that ask you to click on a link that installs software on your device … software that you don’t want!
- A new study reports that there were 122,300 more deaths in the US from March to May, a 28% increase when compared to previous years. The study concludes that the majority of the increase is attributable to COVID-19. 95,235 is the official count, which is probably quite low.
- Applications for the Self Employed Livelihood Fund (SELF) will be available from July 6, 2020 – July 17, 2020. If you are self-employed, you may be eligible for this CARES Act grant, designed to help you recover some of your COVID-19 losses. Don’t miss out!
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 20
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 20
- Children under 18 in new cases: 0
- Total positive cases in NH: 5,802
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 1.76%
- Active cases: 938
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 16.2%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 2
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,476
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 82%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,138
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,006
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,118
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 114,505
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 219
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 19,483
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 547
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
- • • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 28
- Total: 4,491
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 77.4%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 0
- Current: 32
- Total: 565
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 5.7%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 2
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 2
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 373
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.4%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
Every day, as I watch the news, I find myself wondering: How is it that NH has such low numbers? Every day, as I start this report, I wonder: Is this the day that things go up? Well, today isn’t that day! But I’ll be holding my breath again tomorrow. Be careful out there! Stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: