COVID-19 Update June 30
On March 2, NH had its first case of COVID-19. June 30 is Day 120.
- Salem: No change … again!
- Total: 268 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 110 residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 42 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- Another day without any new cases in Salem! We have the same number of total COVID-19-positive cases today as we did 20 days ago. THIS is flattening the curve!
- The two days with the most global deaths since I have been tracking these numbers, were both this week.
- The number of tests being performed is low. Very low. But the number of positive cases in that low number of test results is also quite low.
- I’m struggling to find odd numbers that should be spotlighted, but with the numbers so low, there isn’t anything significant. And that’s a good thing!
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 22
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 22
- Children under 18 in new cases: 0
- Total positive cases in NH: 5,782
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 2.53%
- Active cases: 948
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 16.4%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 3 per HHS, (4 by math)
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,474
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 82%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 871
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,086
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 849
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 113,387
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 213
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 19,264
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 540
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 28
- Total: 4,463
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 77.2%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 4
- Current: 371
- Total: 565
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 6.4%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 4
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 4
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 371
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.4%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
Six months ago, today, the WHO first heard about the virus in China. Look at how much our world has changed in these six months! Life is short. It can change without notice. Let those that you love, feel that love. Tell those who are important to you that they matter. Do it while you can. But as you do it, stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: