COVID-19 Update June 29
- Salem: No change … again!
- Total: 268 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 110 residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 42 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- Another day without any new cases in Salem! We have the same number of total COVID-19-positive cases today as we did 19 days ago. Keep it going, Salem!
- We have another day with no COVID-19-related deaths in NH during the 24-hour period covered by this report. The last no-death day was last Monday.
- NH had no hospitalizations today, either.
- With a testing level this low (968), and with such a low positivity rate (1.34%), it’s hard to find much to spotlight tonight. (Which isn’t a bad thing!)
- Today, CNN claimed NH was one of only four states who are holding steading with the number of new cases.
- CNN is reporting that COVID-19 cases are rising in 31 states; unfortunately, this includes all three of our border states, Maine, Vermont, and Massachusetts. (I’d like to know how this is computed; the numbers at worldometers.info make me believe that this is not quite as drastic as they are showing.)
- To be sure, some states are definitely in trouble. 16 states are pausing reopening plans; some are rolling back businesses that have already reopened.
- 32 states have some kind of mask order.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 14
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 13
- Children under 18 in new cases: 1
- Total positive cases in NH: 5,760
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 1.34%
- Active cases: 958
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 16.6%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 1
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,470
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 82%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 968
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,178
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 955
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 112,538
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 71
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 19,051
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 531
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 23
- Total: 4,435
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 77.0%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 0 (per NH DHHS press release)
- Current: 34
- Total: 565
- Percentage of all confirmed cases that have been hospitalized: 9.81%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 6.4%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 0
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 367
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.4%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
The numbers that we are seeing for NH are incredibly great. Can we keep it this way? It’s a good time to take a look at what is happening in other states. What have they done right? What are they doing wrong? We can and should learn from them, so we can stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: