COVID-19 Update July 29
- Total: 283 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 104 Salem residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 19 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT• • • • • •
- It is a good day for Salem, with no new confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- NH infections seem to be yoyoing up and down. Today they were down. Out of 1,314 tests, there was a very low 0.99% positivity rate.
- Merrimack had its 100th case yesterday.
- NH has had over 150,884 negative test results.
- Active cases are at a new low, with 393 people still infected. That’s only 6% of those who have been infected.
- There were no new hospitalizations, but we lost two more lives. Hospitalization continues to be “about” 10%. Today it’s 10.6% of all cases. Fatalities are 6.3% of all cases.
- Today’s numbers for the Big Four — Global new infections and deaths, and US new infections and deaths — were significantly more than the two-week average. With over 303,000 new cases, Global infections set a new high at least for the time I’ve been watching that data. (Source: WorldOmeter)
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 17
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 13
- Children under 18 in new cases: 2
- Total positive cases in NH: 6,513
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 0.99%
- Active cases: 392
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 6.0%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 5 per DHHS
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,609 per DHHS (was 1,607 yesterday)
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 81%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,314
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,086
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,301
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 150,884
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 150
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 26,674
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 125
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 22
- Total Recovered: 5,710
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 87.7%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 0
- Current: 22 (was 21 yesterday)
- Total Hospitalized: 690
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 10.59%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 3.2%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 2
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 2
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 411
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.3%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
- If you are having trouble paying your rent or mortgage because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- Info about COVID-19 testing is compiled in one place on my website.
- Complications of COVID-19 Survivors of all ages can be found on my website.
- Help for Salem residents is on my website.
- A list of COVID-19 Resources can be found on my website.
- An update of nearby communities can be found here.
- Institutional Outbreaks as of June 18 on my website.
- Resources from NH DHHS are on the State’s website.
- Guidance documents from the State are on the State’s website.
- COVID-19 is not the flu. Details on my website.
- The Science Behind Masks. Details on my website.
Happily, yesterday’s increase seems to have been a one-day anomaly. If we act as though the numbers are high, we can continue to stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Salem specific info can be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Sources used to create this report: