COVID-19 Update June 7
Salem Total: 265 confirmed cases, 1 out of every 112 residents
Salem Today: 0 new cases. 79 active cases.
****** TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT ******
- Globally: 7.086,003 cases; 406,107 deaths
- US: 2,007,449 confirmed cases; 112,469 deaths.
- Globally, there are now over 7 million people who have been diagnosed with COVID -19. 28% of those cases are in the United States.
- US now has over 2 million confirmed cases.
- MA had 27 deaths in the last 24-hour period. That is significantly lower than any day in over a month.
- There have now been over 80,000 negative test results in NH
- Over 2/3 of all those who have been diagnosed in NH have been cleared as recovered.
- The last COVID-19 related death reported in Rockingham County was Monday, June 1.
****** DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH ******
- New positive cases per DHHS: 26
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 24
- Children under 18 in new cases: 6
- Total positive cases in NH: 5,043
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 1.56%
- Active cases: 1,365
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 27.1%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 2
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,370
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 82%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,543
- Daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,601
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,519
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 80.509
****** OTHER TEST RESULTS ******
- New antibody tests: 312
- Total antibody tests: (No break down of positive vs. negative) 13,604
- Daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 535
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
****** RECOVERED IN NH ******
- Announced today: 73
- Total: 3,392
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 67.3%
****** HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH ******
- New: 2
- Current: 86
- Total: 489
- Percentage of all confirmed cases that have been hospitalized: 10%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 17.6%
****** DEATHS IN NH ******
- Lives lost today: 3
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 2
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 1
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 286
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 5.7%
- NH Residents hospitalized with COVID-19 that died: 58.5%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
****** Key points. Read details in the articles below ******
- NHPR has charts. Lots of charts!
- NH News related to COVID-19 is very light.
- Officials urge Floyd protesters to get coronavirus tests
- Info about COVID-19 testing in NH
- I added a chart from Mindi Messmer, comparing the death rates in NH to other states.
How was your weekend? Are you doing ok? I’d like to know. Sunday is my favorite day of the week: I am very thankful to be able to connect with my family via Zoom. It helped ease my frustration at feeling like I could not safely participate in one of the peaceful protests. But even though I stayed home, I still made some new friends. My wish for them all, and for you: Stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
Q: How much testing is NH doing in comparison to our neighboring states?
A: We aren’t doing enough tests!
Today’s COVID-19 Statistics:
Salem’s confirmed cases:
- May 19: 213; 118 active (The highest number of active cases.)
- May 20: 218; 116 active
- May 21: 220; 86 active
- May 22: 225; 77 active
- May 23: 227; 74 active
- May 24: 226???; 76 active
- May 25: 228; 67 active
- May 26: 235; 73 active
- May 27: 235; 68 active
- May 28: 239; 70 active
- May 29: 239; 68 active
- May 30: 241, 65 active
- May 31: 244; 68 active
- June 1: 245; 68 active
- June 2: 247; 66 active
- June 3: 256; 74 active
- June 4: 258; 75 active
- June 5: 263; 77 active
- June 6: 265; 79 active
- June 7: 265; 79 active
Earlier dates for Salem have been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The weekly report has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-weekly-updates/. This is a summary of the info from NH DHHS; with more demographics than provided on a daily basis. They last updated this info on May 18.
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Today’s News pertaining to COVID-19
NH News related to COVID-19 is very light tonight, and recently. That’s a good thing.
NHPR has charts. Lots of charts!
If you want more than what I’m providing, they can be found at NHPR’s website.
9 signs you may be suffering from post-lockdown anxiety
If returning to life outside of lockdown makes you feel uneasy, you’re not alone. Here are some expert tips on how to cope with post-lockdown anxiety. Read more.
Officials urge Floyd protesters to get coronavirus tests
It’s not NH news, but for the 2,000 protestors in Concord, and for protesters across the State in recent days, it is a different message that should be heard. Read the story.
COVID-19 testing in NH
If you have been a crowded situation where you could not keep a six-foot distance, such as on of the peaceful protests, please act as if you have the virus until you can be tested in 5-7 days after exposure. (i.e. mask on, wash hands, avoid the elderly and immune-compromised.) #StaySafe https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-testing/.
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Sources used to create this report: