COVID-19 Update September 2
- Total: 302 confirmed cases in Salem
- 1 out of every 98 Salem residents has been infected
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 10 active cases
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT • • • • • •
- For the sixth day in a row, Salem did not have anyone who tested positive.
- NH DHHS has reported 15 new cases today, with a cumulative total of 12 new cases.
- Another 6 kids under 18 have been infected.
- There was a message from NH Department of Health & Human Services: “Please note that today’s update only includes data on confirmed positive tests. Negative testing data reported by testing laboratories is unavailable today and will be included in tomorrow’s update.”
- This means several of the numbers I use for my calculations are not available, including the positivity rate.
- As a reminder, yesterday NH DHHS reported on only 365 test results; I mentioned that this was extremely low, and was probably responsible for the high (6.03%) positivity report, which was more than 50% higher than normal.
- NH DHHS did not report any new hospitalizations, but the number of currently hospitalized patients has increased by one, suggesting that a previous patient was released, and then re-admitted, for the second day in a row.
- There were no new fatalities in NH in the 24-hour period covered by this report.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 15
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 12
- Children under 18 in new cases: 6
- Total positive cases in NH: 7,309
- Percentage of today’s tests that are positive: Not enough data to compute.
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): Not enough data to compute.
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: Not enough data to compute.
- New negative PCR cases in NH: Not reported by NH DHHS
- Total negative cases in NH: Not enough data to compute.
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,817
- New cases in Rockingham County: 5
- Rockingham County: New cases per 100K residents: 1.6
- Rockingham County 1-week average per 100K residents: 1.9
- Percent of all cases from Rockingham County: 24.9%
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 80%
- Active cases in NH: 224
- Active cases in Rockingham County: 76
- Percent of NH’s active cases that are in Rockingham County: 33.9%
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: ?
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): ?
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: ?
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 19
- Total Recovered: 6,653
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 91.0%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 0
- Current: 9
- Total Hospitalized: 715
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 9.78%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 0
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 432
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 5.91%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
Two words for today: “Excess mortality.” Regardless of what death certificates report, the number of fatalities in the US from March to July increased by more than 200,000, based on the previous three years of mortality data. This suggests that death counts for COVID-19 may actually be under-reported. Read more here and here.
Don’t be a statistic. Stay safe, and always, be kind.
How our numbers have changed over time
- Rent or mortgage assistance because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- COVID-19 testing: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-testing/
- Complications of COVID-19: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-consequences/
- COVID-19 is not the flu. Here are the numbers: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-pneumonia-flu/
- The Science Behind Masks: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/science-behind-masks/
- Unemployment resources: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/unemployed/
- Resources for Salem residents: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
- Safer at Home guidance documents on the State’s website.
- Other COVID resources from NH DHHS on the State’s website.
- Other COVID resources: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Sources used to create this report: