COVID-19 Update August 15
- Total: 291 confirmed cases
- 1 out of every 102 Salem residents has been infected.
- Salem Today: 0 new cases, 10 active cases.
• • • • TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT • • • • • •
- Salem has one less active case, and no new cases today.
- The number of new infections dropped back down to 17 people per DHHS; and 16 more than yesterday.
- With over 2,000 test results returned, the positivity rate today is only 0.76%.
- Hillsborough and Rockingham Counties accounted for 82% of all NH infections for a long time. On July 22, it fell to 81%. Yesterday, it dropped again, to 80%. Today, it is back to 81%.
- Manchester numbers are back down, with less than fifty active cases. With 42 active cases, they still have more than any other community.
- Nashua has 35 active cases. Salem and Derry each have ten. All other communities have less than ten active cases: Hudson (9); Bedford, Londonderry and Merrimack (8 each); Hampton (7); Dover, Keene, and Portsmouth (6 each); Goffstown, Pelham, Rye, and Windham (5 each). All others have less than 5.
- NH now has less than 300 active cases of COVID.
- There were no new hospitalizations reported for today, although the hospital census went up by two. We now have 15 hospital patients who have COVID-19.
• • • • • DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH • • • • • •
- New positive cases per DHHS: 17
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 16
- Children under 18 in new cases: 2
- Total positive cases in NH: 6,980
- Percentage of today’s tests that are positive: 0.76%
- Active cases: 293
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 4.2%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 2
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,721
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 81%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 2,092
- The daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,542
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 2,076
- Total negative cases in NH: 176,397
• • • • • OTHER TEST RESULTS • • • • • •
- New antibody tests: 70
- Total antibody tests (No break down of positive vs. negative): 28,528
- The daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 96
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
• • • • • RECOVERED IN NH • • • • • •
- Announced today: 46
- Total Recovered: 6,264
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 89.7%
• • • • • HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH • • • • • •
- New: 0
- Current: 15
- Total Hospitalized: 706
- Percentage of those who have been infected that have been hospitalized: 10.11%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 2.1%
• • • • • DEATHS IN NH • • • • • •
- Lives lost today: 0
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 423
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 6.1%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 0
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
I have had a few good things happen in the past two days, including some nice things said by friends. (Thank you!). A post shared by a friend in high places was a big surprise. And a request for some of my data from a government official who is involved in COVID-19 issues was rather cool, too. It doesn’t take a lot to make this one happy!
What can you do to brighten someone’s day? People are struggling. Sometimes it’s the little things that keep people going. Let someone know that you care. The weekend is half done. Make good use of the rest, but stay safe, and always, be kind.
How our numbers have changed over time
- Rent or mortgage assistance because of COVID-19, help can be found here.
- COVID-19 testing: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-testing/
- Complications of COVID-19: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-consequences/
- COVID-19 is not the flu. Here are the numbers: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-pneumonia-flu/
- The Science Behind Masks: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/science-behind-masks/
- Unemployment resources: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/unemployed/
- Resources for Salem residents: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
- Safer at Home guidance documents on the State’s website.
- Other COVID resources from NH DHHS on the State’s website.
- Other COVID resources: https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Sources used to create this report: