COVID-19 Update June 2
Salem Total: 247 confirmed cases, 1 out of every 120 residents
Salem Today: 2 new cases; 66 active cases.
****** TODAY’S SPOTLIGHT ******
- Globally: 6,473,215 cases; 381,706 deaths
- US: 1,89,647 confirmed cases; 108,057 deaths.
- Manchester continues to be the location with the most new cases. They have now passed 1,200 confirmed cases.
- Manchester added 24 new cases today. Nashua added 7, Goffstown added 5. Salem, Concord, Londonderry and Hudson each added two new confirmed cases.
- NH has now run over 70,000 negative tests, and a total of over 75,000 tests.
- For three days in a row, the current hospitalization number has been under 100.
- Over 3,000 NH residents have now officially recovered from COVID-19.
- MA has now done over 600,000 tests.
- Over 3000 NH residents have officially recovered from COVID-19.
****** DIAGNOSTIC TESTS IN NH ******
- New positive cases per DHHS: 65
- My new positive cases (Total of today’s cases minus yesterday’s total): 64
- Children under 18 in new cases: 6
- Total positive cases in NH: 4,749
- Percentage of tests that are positive: 4.59%
- Active cases: 1,422
- Percentage of positive cases that are still active: 29.9%
- New cases in Rockingham County: 7
- Total cases in Rockingham County: 1,320
- Percent of all cases from either Hillsborough County or Rockingham County: 81%
- Total PCR tests results reported today (Positive results plus negative results): 1,395
- Daily average of diagnostic (PCR) tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 1,449
- New negative PCR cases in NH: 1,331
- Total negative cases in NH (as reported by DHHS): 70,990
****** OTHER TEST RESULTS ******
- New antibody tests: 203
- Total antibody tests: (No break down of positive vs. negative) 12,249
- Daily average of antibody tests reported from 7 days ago to today: 540
- Children diagnosed with MIS-C: (as of 5/22/2020): 1
****** RECOVERED IN NH ******
- Announced today: 117
- Total: 3,071
- Percentage of diagnosed cases that have recovered: 64.7%
****** HOSPITALIZATIONS IN NH ******
- New: 6
- Current: 97
- Total: 462
- Percentage of all confirmed cases that have been hospitalized: 10%
- Percentage of those who have been hospitalized that are still in the hospital: 21.0%
****** DEATHS IN NH ******
- Lives lost today: 11
- Persons over 60 years of age who died today: 11
- Persons under 60 years of age who died today: 0
- Total fatalities in NH associated with COVID-19: 256
- NH Residents diagnosed with COVID-19 that died: 5.4%
- NH Residents hospitalized with COVID-19 that died: 55.4%
- Lives lost in Rockingham today: 1 female
These are not simply numbers. We must not forget that these are all someone’s husband or wife, mother or father, sister or brother, son or daughter, friend or neighbor.
****** Key points. Read details in the article ******
- A Salem father has sued the State for providing inadequate remote education.
- What Do The Results From Antibody Testing Actually Tell Us About COVID-19?
- Summer camps weigh whether to open under COVID-19 guidelines
COVID-19 is not dominating the news right now. Should you choose to express your First Amendment rights, please be smart, stay safe, and always, be kind.
Click on the calendar to enlarge
Q: How much testing is NH doing in comparison to our neighboring states?
A: We aren’t doing enough tests!
Today’s COVID-19 Statistics:
Salem’s confirmed cases:
- May 19: 213; 118 active (The highest number of active cases.)
- May 20: 218; 116 active
- May 21: 220; 86 active
- May 22: 225; 77 active
- May 23: 227; 74 active
- May 24: 226???; 76 active
- May 25: 228; 67 active
- May 26: 235; 73 active
- May 27: 235; 68 active
- May 28: 239; 70 active
- May 29: 239; 68 active
- May 30: 241, 65 active
- May 31: 244; 68 active
- June 1: 245; 68 active
- June 2: 247; 66 active
Earlier dates for Salem have been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-cases-in-salem/
The weekly report has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-weekly-updates/. This is a summary of the info from NH DHHS; with more demographics than provided on a daily basis. They last updated this info on May 18.
The report containing information about other towns, counties and our MA neighbors has been moved to https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-update-nh-towns/I’m updating this information weekly. The last update was May 24.
Today’s News pertaining to COVID-19
A Salem father has sued the State for providing inadequate remote education.
Lawsuit claims state went too far in implementing remote learning; Plaintiff says risks of COVID-19 to children low. Read more.
What Do The Results From Antibody Testing Actually Tell Us About COVID-19?
Antibody testing could help determine whether someone has been infected with COVID-19 in the past. But there are still a lot of unknowns about what else we might learn from the tests. Read more.
Summer camps weigh whether to open under COVID-19 guidelines
Summer camps are making tough decisions about whether they can comply with new state guidelines intended to protect children and staff members from COVID-19. Read more.
My accumulation of resources has been moved. These can now be found at https://www.bonnie4salem.us/covid-19-resources/
Sources used to create this report: